Scholarship Award Program
SPONSORED BY THE POLISH-AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF SARASOTA, INC
The purpose of the scholarship program is to promote the knowledge of Polish culture among American students of Polish descent. Candidate must have at least one parent of Polish origin/descent.
During the interview student candidates for scholarship must demonstrate interest in their Polish heritage by showing basic knowledge of Poland’s geography, history and literature.
- Download and read the two files and complete the application.
- A recent high school transcript of grades with evidence of 3.5 GPA or above.
- Must be a graduating high school student or attending college in Florida and a resident of Sarasota/Manatee County.
- A resume describing family background, Polish ancestors, studies completed, school activities, plans and goals for the future, financial situation.
- Familiarity with the following subjects:
- Basic geography of Poland.
- Basic knowledge of Polish history.
- Knowledge of Poles of worldwide recognition, famous figures in literature, arts and science.
- Write an essay on one of the following subjects*:
- Poland’s contribution to the defense of Europe (300 words or more)
- Contribution of Poles to the development of computer technology (300 words or more)
- Great Polish composers (300 words or more)
- Describe the geography of Poland, including the great cities (300 words or more)
- Polish Nobel prize winners in literature (300 words or more)
- Topic of choice about Poland
Please scan all of the above documents and email them to Marta Pulawski, (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 1, 2023. If you have any questions, please call (941) 685-9351.
*Essays will become the property of PAAoS and may be published